April 28, 2014

Mother's Day Gift In A Jar

This week I made a Mother's Day Gift In A Jar using DOVE®  chocolate as part of a sponsored post.   This is such an easy and fun gift to make, your kids can probably do it without much help! #SharetheDOVE

Mother's Day is coming!  This will be the first year that I will have both my mother and my mother in law around for Mother's Day.  Sadly, I will be at 30,000 ft coming back from a conference for the first half of the day.  Which is why this year I decided not to procrastinate and to think of some fun gifts that  didn't require me to meet shipping cutoff dates.  Say hello to Mother's Day In A Jar.  AKA lots of random awesomeness.

Mommy Testers, Mother's Day Homemade Gift, Mother's Day In A Jar, Gifts In A Jar, Dove Dark Chocolate

My MIL is notoriously hard to buy for and quite frankly, our tastes just aren't the same.  So rather than taking the gamble on trying to choose an accessory for her, I went another route.  I call it the take-all-the-things-she-likes-and-stick-them-in-a-jar route.  

Mommy Testers, Mother's Day Homemade Gift, Mother's Day In A Jar, Gifts In A Jar, Dove Dark Chocolate

To get started and make things feel pretty and spring-like, I used this neat tissue paper grass.  It comes in large sheets and you can cut it to any size and shape.  I cut mine to fit a 2 gallon glass jar...which is awesome for storing just about anything after she's used up the good stuff inside.

Mommy Testers, Mother's Day Homemade Gift, Mother's Day In A Jar, Gifts In A Jar, Dove Dark Chocolate

I had gathered a collection of yummy, useful and good smelling things.  Some of my favorites are the Burt's Bees lip balm, an awesome fragrance from Tijon Fragrance Lab close to me in La Jolla and the Mr. Tea infuser - it just makes me giggle and we share a lot of laughs.  I also added a TON of her favorite little indulgence, which is dark chocolate.  DOVE® actually has a bunc of dark chocolate options that come in bite sizes and larger bars and includes flavors like Sea Salt Caramel.  I threw both in...why not?

Mommy Testers, Mother's Day Homemade Gift, Mother's Day In A Jar, Gifts In A Jar, Dove Dark Chocolate

To make the presentation of the DOVE® chocolate a little more fun, I put them in kraft paper fry boxes and wrapped a pretty chevron ribbon around them.

Mommy Testers, Mother's Day Homemade Gift, Mother's Day In A Jar, Gifts In A Jar, Dove Dark Chocolate

Then I just placed everything in the jar.  I had included some fun cupcake liners since my MIL and Kayla love to bake together and I filled those with the DOVE® dark chocolate as well.  I added hand milled soap, a yummy smelling grapefruit body wash and some fun pink straws.

Mommy Testers, Mother's Day Homemade Gift, Mother's Day In A Jar, Gifts In A Jar, Dove Dark Chocolate

To finish off the jar I used a chalkboard tag.  The key to awesome writing on these is a chalk marker.  They don't smear or smudge the way regular chalk does.  I wrote out a tag and then wrapped the neck of the jar with the same pretty pink ribbon I used for the fry boxes.  Next I used glue spots to secure the ribbon.  You could certainly also use a hot glue gun.

Mommy Testers, Mother's Day Homemade Gift, Mother's Day In A Jar, Gifts In A Jar, Dove Dark Chocolate

And that was it.  Mothers Day In A Jar!  You can add a framed photo of your kids, a scented candle or a pretty scarf.  The best part is that this is such a simple project to put together, so you can have your kids help you and make it a real family effort.  Now I can get back to packing and panicking about all of the other things I need to get done in the next few days, but at least worrying about Mother's Day gifts is off of my list!

Compensation was provided by DOVE® Dark Chocolate via MomTrends.  The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Dove or Momtrends. 
Pin It button on image hover