January 7, 2013

Inundated with Subscription boxes? Let them build!

If you've been trying out all the ever ballooning number of subscription services that deliver monthly boxes to your home then you're probably stockpiling enough cardboard to wrap around the Earth....or at least your living room.

There are a ton of different things you can do with them.  Memory boxes, shadow box frames and temporary play furniture are just a few that come to mind. You hollow one out, paint it and add some bottle caps, a hanger and a piece of art work your child loves for a kitschy pretend television - so much better than the real thing!

Kiwi Crate, Stork Stack, Little Pnuts, what to do with subscription boxes, what to do with kiwi crate boxes

However this weekend after no school for countless days, holiday entertaining, traveling and being sick I went the lazy route.  I pulled my giant stock of boxes from our favorite subscription services - Stork Stack, Little Pnuts and Kiwi Crate and told Kayla we were building an igloo/fort/jail/whatever she wanted it to be.

My husband was shooting me skeptical looks between chants of "go-go-go-go-go" during the Chargers game.  It was a lot of boxes and bound to be a bit of a mess, but honestly my creative juices were spent and this was the best I could come up with while coughing my brains out.

Kiwi Crate, Stork Stack, Little Pnuts, what to do with subscription boxes, what to do with kiwi crate boxes

Naturally, this was the world's best activity and pretty much put all of her fancy pants Christmas toys to shame.  I swear to you that I am not exaggerating when I say that Kayla played with those boxes for 5 hours straight.  There were some forced snack and bathroom breaks but those aside she was completely and utterly absorbed in building with all of the boxes.

Kiwi Crate, Stork Stack, Little Pnuts, what to do with subscription boxes, what to do with kiwi crate boxes

The cave/castle/school was later transformed into a single tier construction that circled the whole living room and contained a ton of stuffed animals in princess shoes.  I guess little girls will be little girls!

Kiwi Crate, Stork Stack, Little Pnuts, what to do with subscription boxes, what to do with kiwi crate boxes

And of course, I completely folded on my plan of parental laziness and couldn't resist making that TV I was talking about.  It turned out pretty cute and we used some leftover Kiwi Crate materials in the process....coming soon on the blog!

Kiwi Crate, Stork Stack, Little Pnuts, what to do with subscription boxes, what to do with kiwi crate boxes

Want to know I am such a fan of Stork Stack, Little Pnuts and Kiwi Crate?  Just click on their names to see a thorough write up of what they offer.
Pin It button on image hover