January 3, 2013

This Year We'll Be Less Rude! Holiday Thank You Cards

Perhaps I've been slacking on parenting skills because when I saw these Christmas thank you cards while making my eleven billionth trip to Target this month I stood there for a moment with my jaw hanging down trying to figure out how I has missed these before.

Mommy Testers christmas thank you cards, holiday thank you cards for kids

We all do birthday party thank you's and while I'm not much of a card person I'll send a few sporadic thank you notes throughout the year but it had never occurred to me to write ones for the holidays.  Yes, we do big hugs and thank you's in person and email thank you's to relatives far away but nothing comes close to a personal note, right?  Now that I think about it, why wouldn't we write ones for holiday gifts?

Mommy Testers christmas thank you cards, holiday thank you cards for kids

It's a time of year when just about everyone is feeling a little strapped and over budget trying to give as much as they can to those they love as well as to charity.  So in hindsight it seems a holiday thank you note is just as important if not more so than ones for birthdays and throughout the rest of the year.  My bad!

Mommy Testers christmas thank you cards, holiday thank you cards for kids

Little Miss Kayla received some awesome gifts this year so she got to work writing out her thank you notes since she's getting the hang of writing some impressive words.   They're pretty brief but she did most of the work herself which is the important part.  Now if I can get my act together and pick up some stamps I think I can officially say that this year we'll be less rude.  Family - keep your eyes peeled, there might be a smudgy yet adorable card headed your way.
Pin It button on image hover